I'm a little snowman.

Monday, January 24, 2011 - Posted by -Kel at 5:32 PM
Two weeks ago Little Man's Kindergarten class hosted Warrior Wake Up. Their theme was "snowmen" and Mrs. McK wanted everyone to dress like a snow man. I went to Michael's on Sunday and found a white t-shirt (adult small) and some big black buttons and sewed them on. The t-shirt was short sleeved so we put it on over a nicer long sleeved shirt with some black and silver designs on it. Then we wrapped one of my scarves around his neck, popped his stocking hat on his head, and painted his nose orange (you know, cuz it's supposed to be a carrot).


The kids were all so cute! Each one had a speaking part too. This was my little man's bit. "Halito! My name is Squirt. Our school quote is.... No bees, no honey. No work, no money." Halito is Choctaw for "Hello".


After everyone did their individual bits, they sang a little song to the rest of the school. Sing it to yourself to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot".

I'm a little snowman, short and fat.
Here are my buttons, here is my hat.
When the sun comes out I can not stay.
Slowly I just melt away.


When they finished and the gym cleared out, they all posed for a group picture for all the Moms and Dads. I think after a while they got tired of standing there with a smile plastered on their faces.



This is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Back in the classroom, Mrs. McK took a video of them singing their song and submitted it to one of the local news stations. They are supposed to show it during the morning weather report the first week of February!