Fat girls in glasses.

Friday, January 7, 2011 - Posted by -Kel at 1:10 PM
Last Friday we (hubby, squirt and I) took a trip to Target to get the little man a new lunch box. The problem with this is that a simple trip for a lunch box turned into a $75 mini shopping spree, with every one of us acquiring a couple of new items each. My favorite purchase for myself was one of those military style cadet caps. A little like this one...


When I first put it on in the store, it was only as a half assed joke; any time we are near the hats I will try a few on just for giggles. But hubby thinks I look good in hats and this one was no exception. I checked myself out in the mirror and was rather pleased myself. So in the cart it went. I decided that this would be my "it's the weekend and I'm not doing my hair so I'll just wear a hat" hat and I wore it for the rest of the day.

Saturday morning was time to go grocery shopping. So I donned my little hat (on top of wet hair) and wandered off to Crest. All is well until I reach the meat counter. Standing in front was a fairly large, round woman in glasses and the same style hat as mine, but hers was multi-colored plaid and so I didn't really think too much about it. However, the remainder of my shopping trip brought me in close proximity to three more large, round women wearing glasses and hats just like mine, color and all!!! And we kept passing each other on the aisles as we shopped, staring each other down. They were probably telling themselves the same thing I was muttering to myself; I look so much better in this hat than you do, bitch! I ROCK this hat!

After several days of contemplation, I have come to the conclusion that this hat speaks the language of fat girls in glasses, as obviously we are the only ones to hear it's call to be bought and worn. Mine has been hanging from the back of my dining room chair since Saturday. That may be its final resting place.