Ill

Friday, April 15, 2011 - Posted by -Kel at 4:15 PM
I am completely sick to my stomach. What am I going to do with this kid???

I just got a note from the teacher (again) about his behavior. I thought he had been doing so well! He was telling me that school was great and even said he got rewarded by the substitute on Tuesday.

Now I'm being told that he's been "struggling with good choices this week" and that he was hitting. And not just because the other kid hit him, he also hit someone that hadn't even touched him.

Now she is saying that this is his warning and that next time he won't get to go to the zoo with the rest of the class next week. Why is my good kid turning back in to this crazy, impulsive brat?

Hubby told him last night that if he could behave the rest of the week (just one more day!), then he would go get him pancakes from Braums for breakfast on Saturday. Guess who won't be getting pancakes tomorrow.

I know that the late nights with t-ball probably have a little to do with it, but I don't want to use that as an excuse. He knows how he is supposed to behave!

And while I'm definitely upset/mad/angry/whatever, I also feel bad for him. He was bawling and I didn't raise my voice at all. I did send him to bed though. He looked so tired and was crying, so I told him to go take a nap.

I'm just hoping that this is not a sign of what the rest of his school career is going to be like.  = (