Walmart and other crazy talk

Monday, December 13, 2010 - Posted by -Kel at 12:34 PM


I've been having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. Not sure what it is but something is just.... off. I've been doing all of my normal "getting in the holiday spirit" things just like every other year. The tree is up and decorated (a real one with snoopy ornaments and white LED lights), the lights and outside decorations are up and on, I'm listening to Christmas music on the all Christmas music station and I've been watching all my favorite holiday movies. But again, something isn't quite there.

Maybe I'm just in an all around funk. I mean my eyebrows have turned into two very fuzzy caterpillars, but I won't go to the salon and have them tamed. Hell, I was supposed to go today for a trim and called to cancel because I just didn't want to leave the house again. I could have easily taken care of the furry animals then. And I have a kitchen full of groceries that I got home with an hour and a half ago, and I haven't managed to put them away yet. Yup, just feeling lazy and tired and out of it all together.

OH! And why is it that I always get the noisy, can't roll straight grocery cart EVERY SINGLE TIME I go to Wal-mart? Really? Are we just magnets for each other? I know there are silent ones that are perfectly capable of being pushed in beautifully straight lines, I've seen them with other people! But no, not me. I get the noisiest effing cart in the entire store, the one that makes all the other crazy people wandering around the store stare at me, because I'm the craziest one of all with my loud ass shopping cart that constantly pulls to the right. And taking it back to the front to exchange it for another just doesn't work. Inevitably I wind up picking out yet another and another that is just as bad, if not worse, than the one I started out with. I fear it's a burden I will be forced to bear for the rest of my life.... or I could start shopping at Crest.